Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Learning to teach

I made a lot of holiday gifts this year. Well, OK, I make a lot of holiday gifts every year, but this year was interesting. I made some simple chandelier earrings for my nieces, who are 14 & 15 years old and they were fascinated by the whole idea of making them...so now I'm a teacher. Our first day went really well, both girls made some chandelier type earrings for themselves and learned about basic design and some simple wire work. Their mother tells me that all they could talk about was how much fun it was. What a great thing to hear! I'm not sure what we'll do next, maybe some stringing, maybe some more earrings, but I might just be looking forward to it as much as they are.

I've never considered myself much of a teacher, but I hope to learn as I go. As long as we're having fun, it won't matter too much if I'm not great at it.

Until next time...be well.

No comments: